It is so important to learn how to deal with sensitive skin by getting familiar with what to avoid using on your skin. Here is a list of pointers of harsh chemicals found in some lotions and creams that could potentially aggravate your sensitive skin.
Make sure to read the ingredients listings on the skincare labels and make conscious decisions when choosing products.
Watch your diet as there might be an allergen that triggers a reaction. To help relieve itching you can us over-the-counter remedies like hydrocortisone creams, calamine lotion or anti-histamines. Always seek medical attention from your dermatologist for skin concerns.
Here are a few pointers on things to avoid if you have sensitive skin.
1. Avoid skincare with alcohol in them as this extracts the skin's natural moisture which leads to dry, itchy, irritated skin.
2. Avoid Dyes with the ingredient parapheylenediamine (PPD) found in hair dyes as this can irritate the scalp
3. Avoid Synthetic fragrances as this can cause redness and inflammation. Opt for a fragrance-free formula or one that uses essential oils that is known to soothe and calm sensitive skin types.
4. Avoid Sodium Lauryl Sulphate/ Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS/SLES) is used to create a foamy lather but can be too harsh for sensitive skin as it can disturb the skin's natural balance and contribute to acne.
5. Avoid Parabens as some people may develop a reaction to them and cause skin irritation.
6. Avoid Polyethanol Glycol (PEGs) not only reduces the skin’s moisture but can be a skin irritant
7. Avoid alpha hydroxy acids( AHA) and citric acids as this can cause redness, swelling and itching.
8. Avoid salycyclic acid and retinol as this can cause redness
Nirvana Natural Bliss Products are free from PPD, SLS/SLES, PEGs, Parabens and AHA.
As Featured In: